Initial basic training (IBT) for motorcyclists
Motorcycle Initial Basic Training (IBT) Ballina, Co. Mayo
What is Initial Basic Training IBT training?Initial Basic Training, or IBT for short, is a training that is mandatory to all learner drivers on motorbikes. This training has been set up as part of the RSA’s Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) scheme to improve your capabilities on a motorbike, as well as road safety.
Why do I need IBT training?Following an IBT course is very important for anyone who wants their motorbike license because:
- You’ll learn all about riding a motorbike on a public road.
- After having followed IBT you can be sure that you’ll be able to ride safely
- IBT helps you react to critical situation and keeps you from panicking
- You will be able to practice your riding unaccompanied on a public road.
- It’s a mandatory training.